What is a Trademark?
Many businesses in Singapore do use their specific trademarks, which are the symbols used for recognition of goods or services offered by the leading brands and merchants in the market. Some common types of trademarks used by the companies are R and TM. Both symbols can differ with each other in the following ways:
R—-This trademark shows that the company is registered and legally protected by the owner of the firm.
TM—- It slightly identifies as trademark by the owner of the company. But, it is not legally approved or registered or come under the law of trademarks.
Trademarks generally give identification to your brand, logo, channels, signatures or signs, letters, headings, device, tickets, shapes, headings, etc. Also, they protect the goods and services of the company or give assurance about them to be legal.
Note: Our fees for trademark registration is upto S$780 including government charges S$341 for the same.
Benefits of Trademark Registration
There are several benefits of doing trademark registration of your company’s goods and services in the market such as:
The trademarks on goods of a company can give a quality assurance for products to the customers. However, they will surely overwhelm when they will see quality trademark on your company’s products and services related to them.
International Legal Protection:
You can claim legally against any company or infringing party, if it is using your company’s trademark or symbol without your consent. However, it gives international protection to your company’s trademark to be misused or take advantage of it for business benefit. You can take legal action against the illegal party or company using your trademark without any fear.
Under the Productivity and Innovation credit scheme, you can enjoy up to 400% rebates or 60% case payouts from Singapore government, if you register trademark of company legally.
What are the Requirements for Filing Trademark Application?
We at, Singapore Incorporation Services do provide you with authorized trademark application services as per industry norms in Singapore.
We do require following things to apply or filing of Trademark Application such as:
- A documented request or letter drafted in order for applying trademark application to the government.
- Provide with right name and address of the applicant
- A list including details of goods and services need to apply for registration or may lie under international classification of goods and services.
- a list of goods and services sought for registration, and the class according to the International Classification of Goods and Services,
- An explicit declaration of using trademark for business.
- Pay the fees for filing trademark application.
Before going to do registration of trademark, you need to assure that your trademark is good enough to be representing graphically. And it should be verified by proofs of business or company attached with documents required for filing process.
- If you choose the marks that comprise a three-dimensional shape of the goods or its packaging, it can be represented by a line drawing too.
- If a single-view line drawing mark is not enough, you can go for multiple-views line drawing option that can be maximum 6 view lines only.
- If you require trademark in English or Non English or in Roman Characters, then English translation or transliteration is required to be mentioned during filing process.